Matcha Crepes are brilliant, not only on pancake Tuesday; anyway, who
needs a reason to nosh on these beauties? I know I don’t ;).
They are super easy to make, and come out light and soft, They can be quite versatile and go great with sweet or savoury fillings. I usually have them with mango chocolate mousse or plain on their own. They remind me of my childhood when my mum was making crepes and I was just eating them plain as soon as they landed on the plate.
I use matcha mostly for the nice green colour and additional boost of antioxidants, you can’t really taste it in such small quantity as I’m only adding 1 tsp of the powder. Feel free to add a bit more, whatever floats your boat, but don’t go too crazy, too much of a good thing is never a good idea ;P.
Paleo crepes are perfect on lazy Sunday mornings when you just want to relax and spend the whole day in your PJ’S binging on another Netflix TV series.
Ok I know…I’m just talking about myself haha!
Makes: 10 crepes
Prep time: 10 min
Cooking time: 30 minutes
What you need,
- 1 and 3/4 cup of tapioca flour
- 5 tbsp of coconut flour
- 1 tsp of matcha powder
- 2 cups of coconut milk
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp of coconut oil + 1 tsp for frying
What to do,
- Combine the dry ingredients first, tapioca flour, coconut flour and matcha powder. Mix well.
- Pour 2 cups of coconut milk into the dry mixture and stir vigorously so that there are no lumps.
- Whisk the eggs in a separate bowl.
- Combine the eggs with the crepe batter and stir till it’s smooth and has a nice greenish colour.
- Add 3 tbsp of liquid coconut oil (if you’re going to heat up the oil so that it turns into liquid, make sure it’s cooled down before you add it to the batter). Mix again.
- Pour 1 tsp of coconut oil onto the pan and wait till the pan is proper hot.
- Take a ladle and pour a thin layer of the batter onto the pan.
- Fry on both sides.
- There is no need to put any extra oil on the pan when you fry the rest of the crepes.